<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

AA PLANS PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE
By Stockton

The Crawford Chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous plans a pre-emptive intervention for its favorite son, George Bush.

Concerns for the President first began when Crawford AA President Josh Poteete read a recent interview Bush gave while in Ireland:

Bush was asked whether he was satisfied with the level of political, economic and military support coming from European nations in Iraq.


"First of all, most of Europe supported the decision in Iraq. Really what you're talking about is France, isn't it? And they didn't agree with my decision. They did vote for the U.N. Security Council resolution. ... We just had a difference of opinion about whether, when you say something, you mean it."


"Obviously," said Poteete, "we can't tell whether he was slurring his words during the interview. That's one of the drawbacks of a transcript. But, from the content of the quotes, and the fact that he was just a few miles from Jamison's Distillery....well, I have my suspicions."

Poteete believes the interview was a cry for help. "I think he was screaming to his AA Family, 'I'm in trouble! Very bad trouble."

Poteete, a big Bush supporter, likens the Bush comments to one of his (Poteete's) old, drunken rants. "When I was really tanked up, God, I used to say the craziest things. Things like, 'I don't need any of you, you'll be sorry when I'm gone. I'm voting for Steve Forbes'. Then, when I sobered up, I'd be contrite."

Poteete points out that France, a country he has a patriotic hatred for, said it would vote for the UN Resolution, but not send troops. "And they didn't. Bush said there were WMD's and there wasn't. So who says things and means them?"

Poteete plans a July 4th pre-emptive intervention for President Bush. Tickets are still available at 1-800-sloppydrunk.

Poteete's parting thoughts; "If you think he's tough on terrorists now, wait until he's clean and sober. Hey, that would be a great campaign slogan."
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter