<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 26, 2004

KIDS NOT LEARNING SIMPLE ECONOMICS AT HOME
By Tweed

Evidence is mounting that kids are not learning basic economics at home. The most recent evidence comes from the famous first family.

"Now, Barb and me - tried our best to instill good values in our kids. Worked hard at it. Tried to spend lots of time. Message didn't always get through," said former President George H.W. Bush, referring to his son President George W. Bush. The elder Bush was referring to his inability to impress upon George Junior the costs of war, and specifically, war in Iraq.

"Told Junior, said listen son, lots of lives and lots of money - gonna extinguish some points of light. Lots of money," said the senior Bush.

"My daddy, like all great American Daddies was a great American Daddy for me and for all the people in this country to . . . for . . . who is was the Daddy for them. Good lessons I learned in his embrace on his knee-there. But, I'm no Al Gore and sometimes complicated things confuse me - which is why I surround myself with good people like Cheney," said the younger Bush.

George Senior also mentioned that George Junior had trouble playing nice and keeping his clothes on at sporting events.



President Bush has promised to work on his problem with balancing costs with resources.



By the way, during his run for Congress, Bush lied, saying he had served in the Air Force.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter