<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 22, 2004

NEW YORK TIMES, WONKETTE SLAM LB IN 04'
By Tweed

In a stunning act of betrayal, the New York Times has slammed this website as "mildly funny at best and plain old stupid at worst," and Wonkette has said that our humor is no good. Here's the story.


Me

The NYT pointed to such luminaries as Will Ferrell and John Stewart as being able to come up with actually funny things to say about George Bush.


I Don't Even Think They're Real

Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me! If all I had to do was wear a flight suit and pretend I was from Texas (i.e. act stupid) to get good reviews in the NYT I'd have been doing it for months. Oh, yeah, and because I can't afford a nice set and airtime on Comedy Central and actual technical know-how to carry on fake conversations with the President I'm not funny? What, I gotta have money to be funny?!? I'm a huge fan of the NYT - I have all their albums! This is a stunning act of betrayal - worse than Paul O'Niel.


OK, That Was Pretty Funny

We at LB in 04' take pride in very little. But we like to think of ourselves as a little better than "mildly funny." Well. . . OK . . . sometimes we're better than mildly funny. OK, OK, OK - mildly funny is our goal. But the point is, at least the damn paper could have referred to us by name!



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter