<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

ACTIVE DUTY GUARDSMEN RUSH TO JOIN ALABAMA POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS
By Stockton

Thousands of active duty National Guardsmen, many currently serving in Iraq, have rushed to join various Alabama political campaigns. Following in the footsteps of their Commander-in-Chief, many Guardsmen feel they may be more valuable going door-to-door in Alabama than serving in Iraq.

"I'm not denigrating service in Iraq," said Guardsman Russell Tippins, 25 of Skokie, Illinois. "That's an important job. I just feel I'm really needed in Alabama. There are a lot of elections going on there and they're in desperate need of staffers."

Virginia Bennett, from Bennett, Virginia, has been in Iraq for the last 10 months. "I just heard that I could go to Alabama and work on campaign. I think that's great. They never mentioned that when I signed up. The best part, apparently, is I don't really have to tell any of my commanding officers where I am or what I'm doing."

Mike Nattoli is excited to be working on the campaign of State Senator Jesse Tanner, a man and cause the young Guardsman really believes in. "Who?....Oh yeah, I'm really excited to be working on the campaign of Mayor....Tess Jenner....Jesse Senate.....because I'm a young Guardsman who really believes in whomever I'm working for. Can I go now?"

The Pentagon expects 93.7% of Guardsman to take a "Bush" and help support the democratic process in Alabama.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter