<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

BUSH/REPUBLICANS WIN AWARD
By Stockton

By a near unanimous vote, the Bush Administration and Republicans have won the First Annual J.R.R. Tolkien Fantasy Fiction Award for their epic work of fantasy-fiction, Iraq.


Tolkien Fantasy Award goes to the Bush Administration for Iraq

"We reviewed thousands of works of Fantasy," said Michael Issa, an award judge, "but Iraq really stands apart. They have created a world that doesn't exist, yet they painted it so vividly and with such internal consistency that I feel I've been there. Whether it's streets covered in roses or huge stockpiles of doomsday weapons or rivers of oil paying the tab, it's like you're there."

Fans of the Bush Administration agree. For them, Iraq is a wonderful place where schools and hospitals are open and children live in safety and America is adored.

"I feel I can really escape when I think about Iraq," said Bush supporter Ian Kingsley, 32 of Davenport, Iowa. "After a day of looking for work, I look forward to reading about all the good things happening in Iraq. In Iraq, I could find work in a new hospital or school or on the police force. It must be a truly wonderful place. There isn't another place like it, I don't think. I hope it never ends. If it does, I hope there's a sequel."

Critics agree. Literary critic Thomas Hale, not a fan of the fantasy genre, has nothing but praise for Iraq. "Fantasy has never been my cup of tea," said Hale. "That's becuase the places depicted are too much like places here on Earth. Not this time. This is a true work of monumental imagination. I can honestly say, the world depicted in Iraq exists solely in the author's vast imagination. You may as well be on Mars. It's that creative."

Iraq beat out several other nominees including:

Turning the Corner, an economics-based fantasy work;

I'm Proud of My Service, a fantasy/biography of a National Guardsman; and

The O.J Simpson Guide to a Succesful Marriage.


Note: The people and events depicted in Iraq are fictional and the work of the author's imagination and soley done for the author's re-election chances. Any relationship to actual people and events is purely coincidental.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter